Monday, March 26, 2012

Hike the Y


The weather was beautiful this weekend (getting excited for summer!) so we decided to hike the Y.  I must have hiked the Y 4 or 5 times during my time as an undergrad at BYU, but I hadn't made it up yet since coming back for my MBA, so we took advantage of the nice weather and hauled 2 kids up the mountain (Corban's first hike!).

It's a short hike, but pretty steep.  Throw a 30 lb. kid on your back, and you're in for some good exercise.  Having already played a racquetball game that morning, I was pretty tired.  Bentley did walk some of the way, but he didn't make it too far before saying "carry daddy, carry?".

I think my favorite part was when Bentley decided it would be more fun to hike down the mountain instead of up on a pretty steep section.  He was a few feet behind us, and all of a sudden he turned around and ran, as fast as he could, down the trail!  I ran after him and caught up to him just as he was slipping and falling, but I'm amazed he made it as far as he did.  We laughed for quite a while, and then tried to convince him we still needed to hike up the mountain.

The view was great from the top, it was a fun Saturday afternoon activity.





No comments:

Post a Comment